- 3 - 4229 MBH output Gas fired Boilers
- 8 - Indirect Hot Water Heaters
- 3 - 38000 CFM Air Handling Units
- 1 - 165 Ton Absorption chiller
- 23 Pumps From 300-1350 GPM
- 146 VAV Boxes with DDC Automatic Temperature Controls
- Rebuilding of the Existing Cooling Towers
J. F. White Contracting Company's Mechanical Division was awarded the general contract to renovate the English High School in Jamaica Plain, MA for the Boston Public Schools.
The HVAC renovation included the demolition of the existing equipment in the penthouse mechanical room, replacement of the gas fired boilers, air handling units, pumps, domestic hot water system and the installation of a new absorption chiller. The existing cooling towers were outfitted with new fan motors and internal components.
In addition, J. F. White and its subcontractors removed and replaced approximately 100,00 square feet of acoustical ceilings including light fixtures and ductwork within the 5 floor school building.
This project was completed on time and within budget.
Contract value: $5,046,000.